Professional Development & Student Engagement
Professional Development and Student Engagement Program 2022
- How to be at your best (20th March)
- Networking with inspiring Engineers (8th May)
- Writing a winning Job Application: a recruiter’s point of view (10thth July)
- Women in Engineering (August)
- Pathways to becoming an Engineer in Australia (18th September)
- Coding session for school kids (17th April and 17th July)
One of our main objectives is to create a platform that welcomes new arrivals to our community. We believe that providing a supportive environment with individuals of similar backgrounds and passions will help ease the sense of isolation experienced during the initial phase of settling in South Australia.
Our social events and professional development programs are organized with the purpose of creating this environment for new arrivals and young engineers. These events provide networking opportunities and experienced insights into skill sets required to meet local industry expectations better.
We recognize that young engineers, engineering students and school children aspiring to be competent engineers are our next generation leaders. Which is why SLESA endeavors to support young minds with their career passions. For example, engineering students experience difficulties in securing work placement opportunities. With the help of our current members, we have been able to provide such opportunities for these students successfully.